Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Perfect Man Hat

The other day was opening day for gun season and my husband asked me for a warm hat that would be visible to other hunters. So I worked up this beanie for him in a night :) I shared the pictures in a crochet group and was asked to share the pattern so here it is! A woman commented calling it "the perfect man hat" so I figured that is what I'd call it! Enjoy!



Perfect Man Hat
Yarn used: Caron simply soft in orange & Red Heart super saver in camo Hook size G
Form Magic Loop Ch2 and make 10dc into magic loop, pull tight, join to the top of first stitch made (not ch2)
Row 1: Ch2 (does not count as DC now or throughout pattern) 2dc into same stitch as ch2. 2dc into each of the next stitches
Row 2: Ch2, 2dc into same stitch as ch2. *dc in next stitch, 2dc in the next* Repeat from * around.
Row 3: Ch2, 2dc into same stitch as ch2. *dc in next 2 stitches, 2dc in the next* Repeat from * around. Join to top of first dc.
Row 4: Ch2, 2dc into same stitch as ch2. *dc in next 3 stitches, 2dc in the next* Repeat from * around. Join to top of first dc.
Row 5: Ch2, 2dc into same stitch as ch2. *dc in next 4 stitches, 2dc in the next* Repeat from * around. Join to top of first dc.
Row 6: Ch2, 2dc into same stitch as ch2. *dc in next 5 stitches, 2dc in the next* Repeat from * around. Join to top of first dc.
Row 7: Ch2, 2dc into same stitch as ch2. *dc in next 6 stitches, 2dc in the next* Repeat from * around. Join to top of first dc.
Row 8-12: Ch2, dc into the same stitch as ch2 and every stitch around.
---Switch to second color---
Row 13-14: Ch1, sc in each stitch around. Join to first sc.
Row 15: Ch 2, dc in each stitch around.
Row 16-20: Ch2, FPDC around the post of first dc from last row, BPDC around the post of next dc. *FPDC, BPDC* Repeat from * around. Join to top of first dc.
Finish off and weave in ends.

Please let me know if you see any corrections that need to be made! You're welcome to sell any products made from this pattern! Please link back to this blog if you do :)
-Ashley

10 comments:

  1. I have never done a magic loop.. After you chain two where do you do ten dbl crochet exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tutorials are on YouTube. Search crochet magic ring. It's all I use now when working in a round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing you may want to clarify is that you slip stitch at end of each round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, into the top of the last dc of the previous round (and as the pattern states: not its accompanying ch2 of that (same) previous round)

      Delete
  4. The one thing I cannot see is how many rounds you did with the camo, other than that I'm starting my husbands now, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my second one I am making follow the instructions to the t' but they both finish a bit large.dont know where I went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might just be a loose stitcher! I've found I'm a tight stitcher by nature and have to go up a hook size or two. You might try using a smaller one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is "perfect"....love it. Thank you for creating and sharing

    ReplyDelete